Monday 31 October 2016

Presentation Preview

In this seminar session we received feedback on our draft presentations to prepare us for our assessment.

At this point my presentation had very brief information on what I wanted to say in each slide with the subject I want to look into and the research question I will be answering.

Feedback: Get rid of "3D Modelling" in the subject title.

My subject title in my presentation was "3D Modelling: Motion Capture in the Video Game Industry". 3D modelling in the video game industry was my original subject but I decided that it was too vague of a topic to research into so I chose something more specific like motion capture, now I should delete 3D modelling from my subject title to prevent confusion.

Feedback: Add images to your presentation.

At this point in time I hadn't got round to adding images to my presentation but I got told that I should have images because they are vital in a presentation to keep the interest of viewers.

Feedback: In the research question delete "video games" and "the success of".

My research question was "How has motion capture affected the success of video games in the video game industry in the last 10 years?". First of all I repeat myself in the question by mentioning video games and then the video game industry so I deleted the first mention of video games. Secondly I say "the success of" which can lead me to fall in to the trap of not answering my question because the question asked me to only research in the positive things motion capture does for video games and not the negative which I probably would talk about on default. After acting on the feedback my research question now says "How has motion capture affected the video game industry in the last 10 years?". 


No comments:

Post a Comment